How many times have you found yourself wondering what you should do tonight?
Phoenix is an incredibly city, full of world-class nightlife options, yet we’ve all struggled to figure out what to do on a given night. Whenever you feel stick, give this list a one through and you’re sure to end up with at least a few viable candidates for any night out.
Located directly below Crust Chandler, the Ostrich is a neighborhood craft cocktail lounge inspired by the rich history dating back to the city’s founding days of 1912. This re-imagined drinking destination is housed in the forgotten basement tunnels running to the Crowne Plaza San Marcos golf course clubhouse and the old railroad station. This same basement was also an ostrich feather storage facility after World War I.
- Handcrafted ice, cocktails, food and hospitality is the name of the game at the Ostrich
- Home to a star studded staff, led by nationally celebrated mixologist, Brandon Casey and supported by Maxton Kennedy, an extremely talented second in command and a new valley transplant all the way from New Orleans.
2. Cobra Arcade Bar
- Cobra features tons of vintage games and great bar for when you’re looking for something a little more active / interactive than a regular bar
- Free tokens on Tuesday with every drink purchase and their drinks are named after game characters and 90’s pop culture
3. Karamba Nightclub
One of the city’s best gay dance clubs and as fun a Latin gay bar as you’ll ever find, Karamba has an edgy, Hi-Tech look and a thunderous sound system. There are two large indoor areas plus to a Large Patio.
The music and the crowd are heavily Latin-influenced, but you’ll see all kinds of revelers here, from shirtless and buff gym kids to veteran circuit-party addicts to straight-but-progressive types who love the great music. There’s nothing quiet or intimate about this place – it’s where you go when you’re looking to cut loose and party into the wee hours.
4. Kazimierz World Wine Bar
Address: 7137 E Stetson Dr Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: (480) 946-3004
Yelp: 4 stars with 400+ reviews
- Kazimierz is downtown Scottsdale’s hidden jewel, offering live entertainment, classic & craft cocktails, global small plates and over 2,000 wines. Enjoy a glass, flight or bottle here…most bottles available for retail purchase as well
- Live entertainment nightly usually starts 9 pm to midnight
5. Okra Cookhouse
Savor authentic Southern-style eats with an Italian twist created by the award-winning team behind Crudo and Bar Crudo. Okra also offers an expansive collection of wines and craft beers & cocktails, including a seasonal selection of Mint Juleps hand-crafted with the finest small-batch bourbons.
6. The Womack
Address: 5749 N 7th St Phoenix, AZ 85014
Phone: (602) 283-5232
Yelp: 4 stars with 70+ reviews
- 1960’s vibe with a beautiful patio and even more beautiful retro/vintage/swanky interior
- Live band starts playing at 9PM
- Great speakeasy
- MercBar Phoenix is an outpost of the original MercBar opened by John McDonald in 1993 on Mercer Street in the heart of Soho, Mercer Street, New York City
- The Phoenix bar opened in 1996 and for nearly two decades has remained a classic cocktail lounge and nightlife destination
8. Melinda’s Alley
Address: 50 E Adams St Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: (602) 256-3487
Yelp: 4 stars with 20+ reviews
- Stunning speakeasy inside the Renaissance Hotel
- No signs, so look for the doorman or the mural and go downstairs
9. Valley Bar
- Another fun speakeasy we’re fans of
- They have eight beers on draft and a drink menu with over 50 wines and signature cocktails named after local politicians of varying degrees of infamy
- Check out their fun game room featuring all the usual suspects: billiards, darts, etc.
10. Counter Intuitive
Address: 7133 E Stetson Dr Ste 4 Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Yelp: 4.5 stars with 40+ reviews
- One of our favorite places to grab a cocktail in Old Town
- They change up their theme/style every three to four months, so definitely an interesting spot to visit at least a few times a year
11. The Mint Ultra Lounge
- The Mint boasts the largest patio in Old Town Scottsdale; 4,500 square feet dedicated to al fresco drinking and mingling, resort-style cabanas, in addition to traditional arrangements
- The Mint also features a private dining/wine room, VIP accommodations, an extensive wine list, multiple fireplaces, a luxurious 30 foot bar, a custom dynamic LED installation and a specialty champagne bar within its co-ed restroom
12. Bar Smith
- Dance the night away on the open rooftop or inside in the main room
- They always bring the very best of house and hip hop artists including Talib Kweli, Paul Wall, Rodney O and Joe Coolie, Louie Vega, Marques Wyatt and more
- Solstice Saturday’s are a night dedicated to Good Music 10 years strong
13. Bottled Blonde
- Bottled Blonde Pizzeria + Beer Garden ups the al-fresco ante with 9,000+ sq ft of covered patio dining and lounge space right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale’s bustling Entertainment District
- The contemporary Italian menu and open-air ambiance are both rustic and relaxed. Grab a seat at one of their picnic-style tables
- They have happy hours on Monday to Friday 3pm – 6pm and get their cocktails at $2 off and Pizzas for $6. They also have Pizza Monday where you get their pizza for just $6, Board Wednesday to get a bottle of wine with a meat & cheese board for just $20 and the beer garden with 25 beers on tap
14. Little Woody
- It’s like a log cabin with a speakeasy vibe
- We’re fans of the music and game room
- Solid whiskey and decent bar food
15. Cake Nightclub
One of the most popular nightclubs in Scottsdale with 350 total venue capacity, 13 built in banquets for nightclub seating plus a staging for dancing behind each table.
16. Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row
17. Casablanca Lounge
- They have live nusic featuring some of Scottsdale’s best local bands
- Playing blues, jazz, Motown, rock, and top 40 every week live on the rooftop
- Panoramic balconies overlooking Old Town Scottsdale and Camelback Mountain
18. WET at W Scottsdale
- Not exactly your typical “nightspot” but definitely one of our favorites.
- They’ve got a bunch private cabanas, tons of beautiful patrons and it’s just always a great spot to relax, enjoy and celebrate.