We often forget a very important truth: there is far more good than bad in the world.
We feel more attention and coverage should be given to people, projects and organizations like those we’ve highlighted below. There are so many people doing incredibly important work and making a real difference in the world. They are the true heroes and we hope you’ll join us in spreading the word about good people and projects.
Shannon Steemke of Cooper’s Chance Animal Rescue
We are a green focused, 501c3 nonprofit, no kill animal rescue established in 2006. Our mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and re-home abused and neglected animals. We are dedicated to the welfare of these animals and the gentle eco system that we share. We also educate the public on humane and responsible pet ownership through nonprofit partnerships, public education programs and grass root efforts within communities. Since our start, we have saved and re homed over 500 abused and neglected dogs, and we are very proud of that!
- Website: http://www.cooperschance.org/home
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cooperschance/
- Interview: http://voyagephoenix.com/interview/meet-shannon-steemke-coopers-chance-animal-rescue-east-valley/
Andrew Jones of Operation Shockwave
I served in the Marine Corps from ’99-’06 and deployed to Iraq in ’03 with the 1st Marine Division. When I returned home I began down a very dark road of self-destruction that lead to extreme suicidal behavior. With the love and support of my family, my wife and building a relationship with God, I was able to come out of the darkness and turn my life around. I began volunteering with local organizations focused on suicide prevention and assisting military veterans and after several years of engaging in my community I decided it was time to begin my own organization. A few key people that had been an intricate part of moving forward in the mission to prevent suicide in the veteran community agreed to join me in this endeavor and Operation Shockwave was born.
- Website: http://www.operationshockwave.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/operationshockwave/
- Interview: http://voyagephoenix.com/interview/meet-andrew-jones-operation-shockwave/
Mark Farley of Furniture Bank
Furniture Bank is a 501c3 public charity dedicated to helping families and individuals who are not as blessed as we are right now. We are not in the hand OUT business, rather we are in the hand UP business. We believe that every child should have their own safe bed to sleep in and a kitchen table to enjoy and share meals with their family.
- Website: http://www.furniturebank.us/arizona-tax-credit.html
- Interview: http://voyagephoenix.com/interview/meet-mark-farley-furniture-bank-east-valley/