Today we’d like to introduce you to Kelly Dixon.
Kelly, a lifestyle and travel blog, started in July 2017. After an epic 17 day summer road trip to Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park, White Water Rafting and off roading in Moab Utah. Everyone kept telling Kelly that she needs to give travel advice and write all about the amazing experience. Kelly had always played around with various blogs in the past about her photos, family, etc. The encouragement gave Kelly the courage to go for it and jump into the blogging world with both feet.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
The blogging road has certainly had it ups and downs along the way. It is not as easy as it sounds. Blogging is a lot of work. Not only am I the only contributor to Kelly Luvs, I am also the webmaster, social media manager and handle all marketing. I could certainly hire a team but that costs money and I like the challenge of learning. I have made many mistakes along the way but wouldn’t change a thing. Connecting with other bloggers has been the best advice I received. Networking is key to being successful in this arena.
Advice I would give others just starting this journey:
1. Find your niche. What are you passionate about? The more authentic you are the more success you will achieve.
2. Network. Find a network you can connect with on a regular basis.
3. Stay Organized and Stick to a schedule. When you make your own schedule, the day tends to get away from you quickly. Stay focused on tasks and the overall picture.
4. Remember why you started your own blog or business.
5. Don’t forget to have fun. If your not having fun, what’s the point.
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about Kelly Luvs – what should we know?
I have always loved traveling. I am very passionate about photography and running Kelly Luvs has allowed me to channel what I love into what I do. Kelly Luvs is a travel and lifestyle blog. The travel part is very self explanatory. I like the lifestyle part of my blog just as much. I am a mom, wife and entrepreneur all in the same breath. I had a career in marketing for over 15 years before transitioning to life as a blogger. I take all the aspects I learned over the years in marketing and apply them to my own brand at Kelly Luvs now. I blog what I am passionate about and hope it connects with other woman like me out there.
So much of the media coverage is focused on the challenges facing women today, but what about the opportunities? Do you feel there are any opportunities that women are particularly well positioned for?
I feel like women especially right now, are geared to take over the world. I know it sounds like cheesy but I whole heatedly believe it. Women have been proving themselves for decades and now have found a voice to stand up for themselves. It is nearly impossible to listen or watch anything without a woman’s influence. I believe the more women want to do, the more they WILL and CAN do. Being a woman today is exciting and cannot wait to see what tomorrow and next year hold.
- Website: www.kellyluvs.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/kellyluvsblog
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kellyluvs
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/kelly_luvs_blog
- Other: www.pinterest.com/kellyluvsblog
Kelly Dixon, Kelly Luvs