Connect
To Top

Meet Peter Moosbrugger of Peter Thomas Designs in 36th Street and Broadway

Today we’d like to introduce you to Peter Moosbrugger.

Peter, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
20 years ago I started a company that manufactured reclaimed hardwood floors. After 9 years of doing the same thing day in and day out I decided to start a new company manufacturing furniture. When we started we were using almost exclusively reclaimed wood from buildings that were constructed back east in the late 1800’s. While we still build a lot of furniture using reclaimed wood it only represents about 40% of our work. The other 60% of our pieces are; contemporary woods like walnut and rift white oak, glass top tables, etched metal tables.

We’ve gotten where we are today by having crazy good customer service to go along with our fantastic furniture!

We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc. – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
I think most people who start production companies will tell you it’s a bit of brain damage. Because we’re always growing and expanding our abilities we’re constantly being challenged to build something we’re never built before and do it perfectly. Our standard is perfection and that’s the constant challenge or “struggle”

So, as you know, we’re impressed with Peter Thomas Designs – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
We’re known as the company that can build anything! I literally heard interior designers say “they can build anything” to some of their clients. We specialize in being able to interpret what our clients are wanting and making that a reality. We’re known for excellent craftsmanship, and creativity. I think what sets us apart is our ability to creatively problem solve. The words “we can’t build that” have never been spoken in our shop! My daughter Madi joined the team three years ago and she’s become the backbone of the company. We have a blast working together and clients constantly tell me how amazing she is to work with!

So, what’s next? Any big plans?
We’re looking for a building to buy in in the Deer Valley area that will have a showroom in front and production in back. Clients will be able to not only come see our work in the showroom but also tour the production facility and see how pieces are built.

We continue to do more commercial projects which is one of the reasons we need more room. Commercial meaning; hotels, country clubs, offices.

We’re also marketing our four original collections in the Peter Thomas line. The response to these has been very exciting.

Contact Info:

  • Address: 3411 E. Corona Ave.
    Suite 103
  • Website: peterthomasdesigns.com
  • Phone: 602.559.4987
  • Email: madi@peterthomasdesigns.com
  • Instagram: peterthomasdesigns
  • Facebook: peterthomasdesigns

Getting in touch: VoyagePhoenix is built on recommendations from the community; it’s how we uncover hidden gems, so if you know someone who deserves recognition please let us know here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in