Today we’d like to introduce you to Leigh Dow.
Leigh, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
I started my career in the U.S. Senate as an intern for a U.S. Senator from Florida. It was one of the most incredible learning experiences of my life to see how our political system works from the inside. I left the Senate to work for a law firm specializing in Immigration and Department of State issues. It was that experience that led me to my job at Intel in Silicon Valley.
After seven years at Intel, I left to work in a newly formed communications team at Honeywell Aerospace and was tapped to lead online marketing. I was given incredible latitude to chart my own path at Honeywell and ended up managing eCommerce for the organization.
I left Honeywell to start my own company and now lead 48 West Agency as the Founder/CEO. It’s been a very rewarding journey in entrepreneurship.
Has it been a smooth road?
I’ve had my fair share of ups and downs over my career, but I’m grateful for the opportunities to succeed and fail. The failures taught me humility and how important it is to always keep learning and adapt my skill set. One time at Intel, I co-managed a project that was delivered very successfully. The General Manager of the group wanted to meet with us, we thought she was going to praise us for a job well done. Instead, she told us we were very unsuccessful because of all the “dead bodies” we left in our path. It was an important lesson that how you get to a solution is just as important as the result.
So let’s switch gears a bit and go into the 48 West Agency story. Tell us more about the business.
We don’t view problems as roadblocks, we believe they are wake up calls for creativity. 48 West is an award-winning, full-service boutique agency providing creative solutions to some of the toughest marketing and public relations challenges.
The way you think about problems has a direct influence on your ability to solve them. 48 West is known for breaking conventions with our unexpected thinking and our ability to deliver revenue generation through marketing solutions.
48 West has the in-house expertise to dive deep into the most complex PR and marketing challenges and deliver solutions that get results. One of the biggest differentiators for our team is that we have senior executives with Fortune 100 experience leading strategy development. Our teams understand the multi-layered world of global marketing, marketing partnerships, and distribution channels.
How do you think the industry will change over the next decade?
Marketing is becoming more automated and digital. Some trends we are working with include:
– More emphasis on building a brand rather than marketing a product.
– A shift away from Baby Boomers to a younger demographic and their different shopping behaviors.
– Greater emphasis on mobile marketing.
– Artificial Intelligence used to make smart, real-time sales data to automate advertising and marketing and make it more personal.
– Internet of Things (IoT) connecting more devices and providing more screens for interactive marketing.
– Augmented Reality (AR) allowing a more immersed customer experience.
- Address: 502 S 2nd St, Ste 3, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Website: http://48westagency.com/
- Phone: 480-522-5925
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/48westagency/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/48West
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/48WestAgency