Today we’d like to introduce you to Brian Palmer.
Krato solves the biggest problems in the industry by helping founders and their sales teams connect with their distributors, hostesses, and customers more conveniently than ever. Not only do they make communication easier, but they make training distributors a snap by using gamification elements that keep them engaged and turn selling into play.
Their founding team is led by Brian, who has spent years building solutions for the direct selling industry using his own past experience as a business owner. Most recently, as CEO of South Hill Designs, he created successful tools and training to grow to more than $33M in revenue per year.
Krato’s philosophy is one of practicality. After diving deeply into the direct selling community and getting a feel for what entrepreneurs really needed, their founding team realized that there are persistent problems that all direct selling companies have in common. In direct selling, one of the biggest challenges is distributor training and growth.
How do you keep distributors interested—in a world of constant distraction? How do you help distributors reach their audience and communicate their message more loudly than anyone else?
The answer was the Journey Mobile App, which breaks down the difficult journey of learning how to sell into bite-sized pieces that distributors can handle. Instead of a large, overwhelming quest ahead of them, they can easily complete one step at a time and turn their business venture into a fun game. Distributors are then much more likely to stay the course and continue to bring in revenue over the months and years.
Journey also streamlines communications from you to distributors and customers by allowing you to conveniently send automatic text notifications. This keeps distributors engaged and end-users happy. It organizes the otherwise complex process of keeping in touch. More importantly, Krato offers distributors and founders alike a wealth of analytics. The more information they have, the faster they can grow!
Their leadership team has real-world experience in the direct selling industry, which translates directly into their understanding of their customers’ challenges. They are uniquely positioned to combine industry expertise with high levels of technical competence. Krato leverages technology to help you make the best out of your business. Their solution architecture was created through years of experience building impactful software for some of the largest companies in the world. They not only know what works from a technical perspective, they know what works in the real world and have tested it over and over.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
Some of our biggest challenges are integrating into the back end CRM/ERP systems of our direct selling, e-commerce clients. The CRM/ERM software marketing is really fragmented in the direct selling industry with no vendor owning more than 10% of the market. This means we have had to integrate to 6 different ones already.
Another challenge is that our clients business appear similar on the surface, they are direct selling/e-commerce companies, but In reality, their businesses are completely unique like a fingerprint. Their products are unique, ranging from cosmetics, jewelry, supplements and health shakes. They also have different approaches to engaging their customers and onboarding and training new sales reps. Some focus on Gen X’ers, some focus on Millennials, some focus on baby boomers, which makes their needs different.
At the end of the day, our biggest challenge has been that every client of ours needs us to truly understand their business and get to know their customer to build an engaging, gamified mobile app experience.
Please tell us about Krato.
We a niche provider to the direct selling industry.
What makes us unique:
1) Our founding team has built and led numerous direct selling companies. Most software vendors don’t have the experience of being a CEO of a company that fits their customer profile.
2) Our mobile app is built like a word press system that allows our clients to have a marketing or operations person manage it end to end. This means when they want to make any changes, they can do it on their own. No need to get a developer involved.
3) Our competitors make their clients open tickets for support and charge for any changes made to the software. At Krato, every client has a customer support rep they can contact anytime they need help. They also have the CEO’s mobile phone if they ever feel they should need it. As a SaaS provider, we don’t charge our clients for new features they request if we can release them to all clients, making our SaaS offering better.
If you had to go back in time and start over, would you have done anything differently?
This is a tough one. There isn’t anything I would change honestly.
- Address: 7720 E. Evans Road Suite 105
- Website: https://krato.com/
- Phone: 480-409-4072
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kratocom
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/krato_com
- Other: https://www.linkedin.com/company/krato/