Today we’d like to introduce you to Cheryl James.
Hi Cheryl, we’d love for you to start by introducing yourself.
Hey there, I’m Cheryl, and I have spent 25 years helping Fortune 100 companies understand employee and customer behaviors and how it impacts their buying decisions. I have defined processes and strategies specifically focusing on employee and customer satisfaction, engagement, and loyalty. I have a background in computer science. I have designed reporting, data visualization solutions, and global data management tools. All these solutions were designed with one thing in mind – improving the experience for the customer and employee. The small business owner doesn’t have a dedicated customer experience staff in-house. However, that does not mean that you can’t have a level of customer experience that competes with the larger corporations. I decided to launch C.L. James Consulting to help you, yes you. My goal is to take my years of experience and understanding of how big companies manage their customer experience and bring that to you, enabling you to compete on experience and not on price.
We all face challenges, but looking back, would you describe it as a relatively smooth road?
It has not been a smooth road! However, that’s ok, as I have learned much along the way. I was fortunate enough to have a business coach who helped me save time and money when I started. However, there are a lot of lessons that I had to learn, actually still learning.
I would say that I had two main challenges:
1) Social Media – I struggle to use the various platforms effectively to reach my target audience. After much research and consultation with social media experts, I have made significant progress in making connections.
2) Lead generation – I am still working on mastering this skill. I use a lot of networking and speaking engagements to get new leads. I am also hiring a LinkedIn Pro to get guidance on the best way to use the tool.
Great, so let’s talk business. Can you tell our readers more about what you do and what you think sets you apart from others?
This is how I talk about my brand and what we do. We offer a DIY course, a do-it-with-your program, and full consulting. I am extremely proud that I can help small businesses develop profitable customer experiences.
“YOU DON’T NEED TO BE A LUXURY BRAND TO DELIVER A LUXURY EXPERIENCE”
I help business owners and entrepreneurs develop profitable customer experience processes that increase client satisfaction and revenue.
Hey there – It’s Cheryl. I am a Chief Experience Strategist.
I need an exceptional customer service process. I want my customers to become brand ambassadors. I need to show my customers how much I appreciate their business. My team needs to be more customer-centric Sound familiar? Don’t worry. YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE!
I hit a point where I started to feel like I was spending my time with the wrong clients. Helping Fortune 100 companies create brand loyalty just wasn’t my passion anymore. I’m passionate about working with small business owners like you. I found that they are unapologetic and eager to win. But they struggle with meeting expectations, responding to customer inquiries, and tracking customer satisfaction which leads to a loss of revenue. Developing and maintaining customer relationships is my SUPERPOWER, and it’s something that I can help you with.
I’m not just all talk! We are:
– 25 years of corporate consulting experience with Fortune 100 companies
– Certified Customer Experience Professional
– Top Entrepreneur to watch Phoenix 2021
– Computer Science and Organizational Management Degree
– Advisory Board for the University of California, Irvine Customer Experience Certificate Program
Get to know me! These are a few of my favorite things:
– An ice-cold glass of my favorite Sauvignon Blanc
– Relaxing on a beach, taking in the sounds and the view for hours.
– Awesome date nights with my hubs!
– A good 90s R&B playlist.
– Spa days with my Boss Babe girlfriends.
How do you define success?
When I started my business, I aimed to help small business owners gain market share by competing on experience rather than price. Elevating the client experience creates higher levels of client satisfaction and a new level of customer loyalty. When small business owners win, we all win.
- Website: https://cljamesconsulting.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iamcljames/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iamcljames