“Guys who drink beer are the basic bitches of the guy world. They’re boring and bland… If a man makes whiskey his drink of choice, you know he’s got his head on straight.” – Elite Daily
We agree, so we put together a list of Phoenix’s top Whisky Bars.
1. Little Woody
- It’s like a log cabin with a speakeasy vibe
- We’re fans of the music and game room
- Solid whiskey and decent bar food
2. Honor Amongst Thieves
- A little hard to find, which is part of the fun. Go up the stair behind Stock & Stable and you’ll find this dimly-lit, dungeonesque whiskey bar
- Give one of their signature cocktails a try; if all else fails the tried and true Whiskey Sours here are great
3. The Gladly
How can one not love a bar that’s stocked with over 250 whiskeys? Along with the excellent whiskey selection they do their ice right with large ice balls to minimize the dilution of your Whiskey
4. The Scotch Library at Westin Kierland
- Representing more than half of the operating distilleries in Scotland today, the impressive collection features more than 175 single malts, 30 blends, and a number of rare bottles imported from all six whisky regions of Scotland (Speyside, Highland, Islay, Islands, Lowland and Campbeltown).
- On Friday evenings at 6:00 p.m., the Resort hosts “An Evening of Scotches,” a tasting event featuring three selections of Scotch Whisky
5. Second Story Liquor Bar
Address: 4166 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: (480) 945-5555
Yelp: 4.5 stars with 300+ reviews
- Love the speakeasy vibe of this classic, old-school whiskey bar
- Solid bartenders – we’ve been impressed each time
6. Buck & Rider
- Focuses on a fun vibe, young attitude and clean recipe line up of food and drinks. Curated cocktails highlight both classic and new craft drinks with fresh ingredients and local produce
- Enjoy $7 signature cocktails and $6 house pours, draft beer, and featured glasses of wine on Monday – Saturday, opening – 7pm. Reverse happy hour on Thursday – Saturday, 9:30pm – closing time.